While the summer students were fun I have
also gone through a few weeks that have made me want to pull my hair out. Two weeks before the summer team can I decide
that there was no good English curriculum available. So I sat down to write my own fifteen lesson
teaching and student books. I felt like
I was chained to my computer for a while as every waking hour was spent typing
or brainstorming what to type next. But
praise the Lord that now we have something we can use for years to come.
I
was also in the midst of changing schools and renewing my visa. This took getting a letter from my old school
which is known for not being overly efficient.
I had to track down one lady’s home address and sit outside her door at
six in the morning to finally get the letter I needed By the time I got it, my new school had home
on summer vacation and no one was there to process my new visa
application. I needed some type of valid
identification to go travelling with the summer students later that week. To top it off my old school was trying to
kick me out of my dorm room since I was the only one living in the building and
costing them too much money. There was
one day that if someone had offered me a one way ticket home, I likely would
have taken it. But thanks be to God, he
worked it all out and I am now safe and settled at my new school (yes, for
those of you who are counting this is my third house in less than a year).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.