Monday, December 9, 2013

Answering the Call


I was recently doing some reading on Re- entry, a term used to describe cross cultural workers coming home and trying to re-fit into their “home” country. One Article listed several ways churches and supporters could care for their missionaries. I found this quote to be very insightful: “Missionaries talk about the sixty-second window of opportunity that they have to answer questions like, ‘So what was it like being in ______ for the last three years?’ or ‘How was your trip?’ As sending churches, we need to create opportunities where the missionaries can debrief their experiences with people who care and who will listen attentively for a long time”.    While it is true that every time I come home I prepare the 30 second answer to sum up my time for those who are only asking in passing, I am also blessed with a number of people that do exactly what this quote encourages, ask deeper questions. I have been so impressed with how many of you have remembered the names of my YOU friends and some of their difficult situations and even asked for an update on their lives.  Thank you for answering the call of this quote and serving with me so faithfully over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.