Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thankful You Have Come


For those of you that keep up with my blog (http://ksadaily.blogspot.com), you may remember the story from March 5 entitled “Road to Nowhere.”  While down south, my friends and I were invited into a stranger’s home to enjoy a simple afternoon snack and lively conversation.  Culturally, this couple’s experience was worlds away from anything I knew, and yet, that afternoon, God gave us a unique opportunity to share our lives. 

Part way through the afternoon, the father pulled out his Quran to teach me the virtues of Islam.  I asked him to read to me from sura 3 – which has a beautiful description of the ‘prophet’ Jesus who was born of a virgin, and performed miracles.  From this one passage, we jumped off to some great conversation of who Jesus really is.  I similarly pulled out the MP3 player in my pocket that was packed with the whole New Testament in YOU read aloud, 100 lessons that told the chronological story of the Word and some worship songs.  I told the couple how important these lessons and readings were in my own life and how I had drawn closer to God and his right road in Jesus. 

As we prepared to leave, knowing we would likely never see this couple again, I prayed for their household, embraced the wife and turned to the husband saying, “I am so thankful God allowed us to meet you and make friends today.” He responded, “I am so thankful that God has sent you all the way from Canada to teach us these important things about Himself.” Pray for this family that they will listen often and be changed by the Word, likely the only copy to ever come to their village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.