In November, I will be sharing at the Pioneers Orientation Program
for new people joining our mission. I was given the topic: “Expectations on the
field.” I had to laugh a little since my teammate and I have been fighting over
this very theme for the last few years. He likes to encourage us all to have
“low expectations.” He reminds me that if we are not hoping for too much, we
won’t be disappointed. I’ve always
thought this line of reasoning sounded pretty pathetic for servants of the Most
High. We have a God who is capable of all things. It was William Carey who
first said, "Expect great things from God, attempt great things for
God." The prophet Jeremiah reminds us that God “knows the plans he has for
us” (Jer 29:11). He knows the plans he has for you, me, and the YOU people. Let
us therefore pray with expectation of seeing His great plans put into
action.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.