I had some free time this semester and decided to ask one of the
local colleges if I could sit in on their advanced YOU classes to try to
improve my language skills. The first day of class I was given ten minutes to
introduce myself and share a bit about my life with the class. About two
minutes in, I turned to the teacher and said, “This is silly! I know we are not
allowed to talk about religion or God in public school in this country, but I
can’t NOT talk about Him! Everything in my life—decisions I make, the way I
think, what I desire to be—are formed by my knowledge of and relationship with
Him.” I then went on to share my testimony. The teacher got so into the story
that she forgot to take notes on any grammatical forms I used incorrectly. In
the end, she used the last half of class to retell my story in her own words instead
of correcting me. I was able to record her smooth out how I share my testimony.
This also forced our teacher to review some religious vocabulary which we never
get in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.