Monday, December 9, 2013

What Will I Be Doing?


The couple who approached me about joining them is opening an organic baby food factory in the southern part of our province. As far as the work among YOUs goes, 95% of missionaries live in the capitol city, whereas 90% of all YOUs live on farms and in towns down south. This disparity is mainly due to government approval and workers like me who love the “dishes, dollies and comforts” that the capitol city provides. The baby food factory will buy produce from local YOU farmers, make and can the baby food. My job will be to work alongside the women in the factory to make sure that our food is of the best quality. I will get to live life-on-life with 30 YOU women everyday as we work together. This will be a very different type of ministry for me; but it is very exciting. Unlike the rich, educated YOUs that have been my neighbours for the last few years, these will be famers’ wives. Time at the factory will become my main focus as it will be a 40 hour a week job; but the stress and responsibility of business ownership will fall on much wiser shoulders.  

I am so thankful that I have already found a house in this new city and will be living just across the parking lot from the couple that will act both as my bosses at the factory and ministry partners in our neighbourhood. As of this fall, there will only be myself and two other Western families living in the city—a 24 hour train ride from where I have been living. They will become my main source of fellowship.  Remember to pray for us as we learn to work and play together as a small community of faith in this part of the province. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.