When people at
home ask e, “What exactly do you do over there?” my best answer is that “I
drink tea to the glory of God”. So much
of Central Asian culture and relationship building is founded on a cup of tea
with neighbors and friends. My prayer is
that with each cup allows me to speak the truth of Jesus in a home that may
never have heard His name praised or glorified.
I have found that, since being home,
much of my furlough ministry is the same; here is share the greatness of what
God is doing among the YOU people ‘one cup of tea at a time’. This pouring of tea cam take on many
different forms. I have got to share at
ladies meetings, where we all used fancy YOU tea cups while sitting around and
chatting. I poured tea at an open house
for elementary aged kids hosted by a friend of mine who is planning on coming
to join our team. God has given me
opportunity to share at prayer meetings and church services. Just as I pray that each cup of tea I drink
with YOU friends will be a step in their coming to know and believe in Jesus
Christ, I also pray that every YOU tea party I throw in Canada will help the
church catch a vision for ways that God is working on the other side of the
world. I pray that you, too, will see
how you can all be personally involved in a ministry of prayer for these people.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.