Friday, December 6, 2013

What I am Known For On the Bus


Recently, when I was on the bus, I noticed a man and a woman at the back of the bus staring at me.  This is not an uncommon occurrence, but I could tell from the way they kept looking that I was their main topic of conversation.  Ever since my appearance on a YOU TV game show back in November, that has not been that unusual, but I could tell that their conversation was more than just a conversation about what I wore on TV or the song I sang.  The woman seemed to know me.  As I listened in on their conversation, I heard my name, the school I went to, and something about Canada, the fourth piece of information she chose to share about me was both surprising and exciting.  She told the man “she loves reading the Injil (the YOU word for the New Testament) it changes her life.”  That is the best gossip I have ever heard about myself. I do want to be known by the community I live in as one who loves the Word of God, as one who has that Word of God on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.