YOUs, like most Muslm people groups, really
resonate with the idea of the “Right Road” to God. When sharing the good news, I like to remind
people that Jesus said, “I am the way.”
He is declaring himself to be the “Right Road”- the Only Road, the one
true way to come to God. In our Western
way of thinking, we often see conversion as a set point in time; but it has
been interesting to talk to some of my YOU friends who are growing in their
knowledge and understanding of what it means to follow Jesus. Many of them are not ready to say, “I am a
believer,” but they will say that they are “much further down Jesus’ Road.” Two young women in the last month have used almost
the same wording to say: “For years I felt like I was searching for the Right
Road and, while I still don’t know what I really believe, I feel like I am now
here (her hands tracing the shape of a long straight road on the coffee table,
ending at a location very near the edge) instead of where I was when we first
started talking.” Pray that these women
would get to the point that they are ready to “confess with their mouths and
believe in their heart that Jesus is Lord,” the one and only way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.