Saturday, December 7, 2013

Volume# 8 Issue # 1 August 2011 - The Discipline of Delay


If you know me well enough you know that as soon as a I feel fine (especially after appendix surgery and infection this spring), I get antsy to get back to work.  One Sunday our pastor preached about the Discipline of Delay. Even though there were a lot of people there I think he was talking just to me.  He talked about the difference between patience and perseverance—both are qualities we are called to have.  The latter is striving and pressing on when things get hard (I am pretty good at that); the former, however, is waiting in stillness for God to work.  Working among unreached people takes perseverance, but it also takes waiting for God to pour out his Spirit and work, as only he can, in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.