Thursday, December 5, 2013

Beyond What I had Imagined


While I was hone, I shared with many of you the distance between the national church, the YOU people, and their ongoing need for reconciliation.  Through a series of interesting circumstances, God placed a young couple from the majority people group in my path who are anxious to reach their Uygur neighbors with the truth.  The wife already speaks YOU fluently.  She grew up in a poor family and their family could only afford to send her to a minority school.  Now her husband (Sam) also desires to seriously study the language.

We meet together for almost ten hours a week to study language.  The greatest blessing is that our tutor is also a YOU believer.  While most of our studies are normally household words, it is wonderful to know we are all family striving for the same purpose.
 

Sam has since let us know that he is talking the language learning method that I am teaching them and sharing it with friends he has in the national church who want to learn Uygur as well.  This is so much bigger than I could even have imagined.  God is taking our afternoon study time and not only blessing my heart with the fellowship of both a YOU and a national brother, but he is using it to teach others so they can be involved in reaching out.  Give Him Praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.