Those of you who
know me well, know that I would be quite content to be the eternal
student. I love studying and school,
books, and even homework. This natural affinity to learning has been a great
means to live here for the last five years.
I have spent all of the time on a student visa, learning the local
languages as a way to maintain my presence in the community. But the government will only grant student
visas for so many years.
Next semester will begin a new chapter for me here as I must find employment. One job I am looking at is a company that exports U people handicrafts. In order to find out more about the company and the work they are doing, my roommate and I took a trip down south. We met with the boss, saw the office, and checked out the products they are currently exporting (handmade carpets, tea pots and baskets). I even saw an apartment that I will be able to rent. In many ways, the job seems like a fit to my personality and interests… but it is 1,075 km away from where I live. I have family, friends and a great support system in this city, so making a move like this would be a big deal. In some ways, it would be like starting all over again (except this time I speak the language). It is a huge decision and I ask that you join me in praying for wisdom and direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.