Sunday, December 8, 2013

I Have Another Question


For three weeks, we had a YOU women living with us.  Her husband is a believer and she herself is growing in understanding and attraction to his faith.  He had to be gone for a few weeks and she didn’t want to stay by herself, so we offered her to stay with us.  She soon found my pile of religious material in YOU and started to read through it hungrily.  Every morning, I would wake up and she had a question. Her questions were not just surface-level fluff; they were deep questions of faith.  I am so used to being asked things in a very confrontational manner, as those I speak with try hard to prove the ways of Islam.  But not this girl; she was open and asking from a soft heart that really wanted to know more about Jesus. She asked things like: So how can both Jesus and God, be God at the same time? What does it mean to be baptized by the Holy Spirit? And I hate the people in this other minority, what would God think of that?

Each morning, I both looked forward to and dreaded waking up to hear what was going to come out of her mouth. When she said, “I have another question,” I was constantly asking God to give me wisdom and the words necessary to explain deep things to her in YOU. After three short weeks of being able to speak into her life, she flew to join her husband on the other side of the country. We continue to pray that she will ask him questions and that they, as a couple, can grow in faith. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.