We
all know about Canadian snow birds who take off every winter for the warm
sunshine of Florida . Well this year, I have joined their ranks.
Winters where I live in Central Asia can be
painfully long and cold. As the snow and ice collect on the roads and
sidewalks, my own fear of falling often forces me to stay inside. I am not the
only person who dreads going out in –30ºC temperatures; many of my friends are
more prone to cancel appointments in the winter as well. Often it can be a slow and frustrating time
for ministry.
So this year I decided to be a snow bird. I left the day after Christmas and flew down toNorthern
Thailand to work with our YOU Media team. This team (currently
only two men) works tirelessly on producing radio programs, Bible study movies
and web pages just for the YOU people. They are always looking for help with
some of the projects they have going on
My job over the last month has been to work on a
new Bible reading web page. This site is
filled with pictures and topics like marriage, money, children, fasting and
prayer. Each click will take them to a
page with verses from the Bible on that topic, as well as an opportunity to
download the Bible. The job
itself—spell checking, cutting, pasting
and creating links—may not sound fun or glamorous but, in just the last week
since the site went live, we have had over 1400 visitors. That is more people
than I can talk to in a month, people who are hungry and ready to read the
Word. Pray that this site will do much to advance the YOU people’s awareness of
and love for the Word of God. Also pray
that the government will not shut down or block local people from being able to
access it.
So this year I decided to be a snow bird. I left the day after Christmas and flew down to
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.