As
I walk down the street my ears are met by the sound of people calling out
prices of the items they are trying to sell.
Over the last few weeks, the names famous prophets have been added to
that normal chatter. As I move about my
daily tasks, I hear men and women calling out, “learn the history of Joseph,” “buy
your copy of the Abraham DVD,” “Find out about Moses.” Amongst the rest of the names, I hear the
call “Jesus, the prophet Jesus, get your copy today”. I have picked up all of these movies and
watched parts of them. Sometimes I had
to check the cover to be reminded of what prophet I was supposed to be watching
since the story seemed to digress that far from what my Sunday school teachers
taught me. The Jesus one, for instance,
was missing both the manger and the cross.
Fellow workers have spent years making videos based fully on the Word. A young man came through town a few weeks ago who spoke a little YOU. I was able to coach him a little in word choice and pitch, and in the end he took some of the good version out on the street and gave them to these sellers. He encouraged them to sell these different versions. We pray that these street dealers will start to burn and sell copies of truth teaching movies, movies that point to Jesus as the only way. When we as foreigners give out these sorts of materials, they are viewed suspiciously, but if they are sold by YOU people to YOU people they may be better accepted.
Fellow workers have spent years making videos based fully on the Word. A young man came through town a few weeks ago who spoke a little YOU. I was able to coach him a little in word choice and pitch, and in the end he took some of the good version out on the street and gave them to these sellers. He encouraged them to sell these different versions. We pray that these street dealers will start to burn and sell copies of truth teaching movies, movies that point to Jesus as the only way. When we as foreigners give out these sorts of materials, they are viewed suspiciously, but if they are sold by YOU people to YOU people they may be better accepted.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.