There is a YOU couple that has been a major
part of my life for the last few years; I often refer to them as my YOU
parents. This relationship has gone
through its ups, downs and stresses over the years—including the time I
mentioned a job of translating religious material for other expats; the two of
them disagreed over the price of the job and I was stuck in the middle of a
sticky situation. Because of my language
level, it took us several years to get to a point where we could really talk
about heart level things. But, through it all, God has really blessed us with a
deepening relationship. Recently, as we were talking about my failed move
south, and my hope that God will open up an opportunity again in the future,
both of them made comments that touched my heart. She said “you are such a hopeful person; you
always trust He is going to work.” Her
husband jumped in by saying, “in every situation you talk about Jesus and it is
obvious that He is true in your life”.
Whether on the bus or in one of the homes most familiar to me, I was
honored that local people associate me with my LORD.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.