Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tour Guide and Mentor


Over the last year I have often mentioned various trips I take to the southern part of our province, and the opportunities that gives me to ‘gossip the gospel’ to strangers that I meet.  My trips have another important element as well: that of playing a Mentor to those joining my tours. Most all of the guests are either from churches that have adopted the YOU people and are coming to see and learn in order to strengthen their love and ability to pray for the people.  Others are young couples or singles that feel God is calling them to this part of the world who want to come, first, on a survey trip. All of them are filled with a 101 questions. The chance to walk through the province with them lifting up the needs of this place, demonstrating firsthand how to interact with the people and do ministry, and the opportunity to pass on lessons that God has taught me over my years here, all become sweet teachable moments that we have while travelling.

 This vagabond life may just be for a season, but it is exciting for me to see how God is using all these tour groups to engage YOU people with the good news, encourage the Western Churches to pray, and train a new generation of workers.  I am spending about one week a month on the road, please keep praying for me that I have physical strength to keep up this demanding travel schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.