Sunday, December 8, 2013

Life As A Business Woman


As many of you know, I have spent the last two years trying to run a translation and consultation company as a means to having a visa here. The young woman who originally opened the company with me has headed back to the States. Another worker offered to buy out her shares and join me in trying to establish our company. Recently his visa application was rejected. The government said “our company didn’t have enough invested capital to support so many expat visas.” After months of working on paperwork, this friend’s visa was denied.  That leaves me alone at the office for the next several months. It also means we are uncertain of how willing they will be to give other visas, including my own, in the future. I am not naturally a business woman and the stress of trying to run this place on my own is a little overwhelming.  While the company has provided me with great opportunities to travel to smaller towns and villages, I still am left asking the question if it is worth it or if I would be better to lose the stress and get an English teaching job. Please remember me and my friend in prayer as we both have important visa decisions to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.