In North America
we are taught from a young age, “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try
again,” or, “Where there is a will there is a way”. Here students are taught a very different
mantra to remember when they face adversity or struggles. Here people are fond of saying “There is no
solution”. I have been told this when
trying to send a package because my item was too small for the box and, instead
of adding packing material or finding a smaller box, they just told me there
was no solution. Or, when moving,
instead of figuring out how to get the sofa up the stairs, they said there was
no solution and left it sitting outside.
I use to think that this was just an excuse not to try or that it was
just the cry of a lazy person who lacked the needed determination. The longer I am here the better I understand
that the YOU people have felt down trodden so often as a minority people that
it is more an attitude of resignation than it is of laziness. They are convinced there is no solution which
means there is no reason to try, no reason to persevere and no reason to
hope. This spirit of hopelessness among
the YOUs seems even more apparent in light of the authorities’ tight hold after
the violence I mentioned in my last letter.
Pray that I will have opportunity to speak into people’s resigned
spirits with the Word of true hope. Ask that
they may know that God himself provided the ultimate solution in Jesus Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.