Friday, December 6, 2013

How Does this Affect Me?

These attacks hit close to home as I have gotten to know a number of the YOU workers in the affected areas over the past few years.  I have been able to hear from all of my friends and am assured that they are safe.  Some of them however were eyewitnesses to horrible acts of brutality. 

My school, in an act of caution, asked all of its foreign students to return to their countries of origin for the summer.  They did not want to be responsible for us in case struggles broke out in our area as well.  The school notified me Tuesday afternoon and by Friday morning I was on a plane headed for Canada.  Since I really hadn’t had a chance to notify my parents, they were really surprised when I called them late Friday night from the Windsor airport asking them to come and pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.