I recently connected one of
my teammates, who was looking for a tutor, with a young YOU student I had met
while visiting in the dorms. The first day I introduced them, I remember having
a long talk with the tutor as we left their home. She kept commenting that we
were all such nice people, that all North Americans she had ever met were
nice. I was quick to tell her that it
wasn’t our country or nationality that made us different; it was the change
that Jesus had brought to our lives.
The same girl has really
come to respect my teammate and her family. She is always noticing differences
in how their household functions. She announced to my friend the other day, “If
I didn’t have a boyfriend already, I would try to marry an American; you have
much better marriages.” My teammate also made sure to give the glory where it
belongs; thanking Christ for the work he did in their home.
“Karen told me the same thing the first day I met you guys.” The tutor then went on to share almost word for word the conversation we had had months ago. It is so encouraging to hear that truth is starting to sink in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.