Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hospital Update


A few letters ago, I mentioned the possibility of starting up some sort of work at the hospital near my house.  One of my friends is a nurse there, and when I mentioned to her my desire, she willingly made a list of a few manes and room numbers to start with.  The list took me to the Children’s leukemia ward.  I was able to meet lots of families and play with the children.  I offered to stay and sit with the kids some afternoons if they needed to get out for a break, or deliver food or whatever.  I even gave some of them my phone number.  Two days later, one of the moms called me flat out asking for the equivalent of over $1, 000 USD.  This really put me in a hard situation.  Every family I meet at the hospital was facing astronomical medical bills and needed help, but our team has policies on giving away money to those we are sharing with (money and the gospel can get really messy really fast). I still go by there occasionally, but I have really been asking for wisdom on where to go with all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.