Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Streams of Living Water

The thirsting of this land goes much deeper than the sand; it reaches to the hearts of the people.  They are the real dry and thirsty land.  Living in a place where both culture and the government seek to squelch the living water.  But even here, the Word brings hope.  For I am reminded that God did not abandon His people in the desert and He will not abandon the YOU people.  Isaiah talks of the coming day of the LORD when “the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest.  Justice will dwell in the desert and righteousness living in the fertile field” (32:15-16)  Oh God, as I interact with my friends in this place and I see the dryness of their hears, I pray for the day you will let your Spirit be poured down on this place to open their hearts.  I pray for the day that the oases will no longer be the only lush spots, but that the hearts of YOU people will be like a fertile field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.