Another exiting ministry that I have been
able to get involved in since being here is teaching some missionary kids. Every Friday nights all of the foreigners get
together for a time of Worship and Word.
Every third week I teach the older children (age 10- 16). Recently another person has arrived and has
started a youth group of sorts for these kids.
I have been helping as the female leader. It is challenging and encouraging to see how
their parent’s choice to leave the West and live in Central Asia has already
changed their young world views.
Some
of our youth meetings are as crazy as any at home… only they draw bigger
crowds. One night we took them to the
city center park and played crazy Olympic type games. One of the kids counted the number of locals
who watched the mini javelin toss event.
We had over 150 people gathered around staring at a bunch of white kids
throwing toothpicks. I am thankful to
the Lord for how he is already using these teen in their schools and
neighborhoods for Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.