Thursday, December 5, 2013

YOU Style Wedding


The whole time I was in hospital, I had one goal;  I wanted to be able to walk down an aisle by April 5th so that I could attend the wedding of two of my co-workers from Central Asia.  I praise the Lord that, despite a slow recovery and a few setbacks, I was able to join in celebrating the marriage of my friends.  The wedding was held in Dallas, Texas at one of the bride’s supporting churches.  Mom traveled with me as the bridesmaid’s maid and we were both completely blown away by the ‘bigness’ of Texas hospitality.  The whole church seemed to gather around my friend and offer to help with flowers, cakes, decorations, or hosting families from out of town.  There were also a few of our other former teammates in attendance, some of whom are unsure of their ability to return due to visa issues (please pray).  The wedding gave us a chance to catch up and encourage one another.

For those of you who are wondering about my own relationship status, I have some good news.  While I was too tired to join in during the traditional bridal bouquet toss, , I did win the shoe sign.  A Turkish tradition has all of the single woman sign the bride’s shoe first thing in the morning; whoever’s name is most worm off by the end of the day is the next to be married.  Since I was the only one familiar with the tradition I think mine was the only name being trodden on by the bride throughout the day (but nevertheless, it was a YOU style wedding so that does still make me the winner). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.