Thursday, December 5, 2013

Volume #4 Issue #4 April 2008 - All Things New


As many of you know, my last few months have mainly been filled with knee replacement surgery.  As of February 26th, I have been the proud owner of two new knees.  While the whole process of surgery and recovery has taken more than I anticipated, it has given me the opportunity to consider the topic of newness.  It still amazes me that modern medicine can, in the matter of just four hours, give me two new working knees that are free from the brokenness and pain that so marked the old ones  And yet, the newness that God offers to people’s lives and hearts far outweighs the wonder of any surgery.  In his title song “all things New,”  Steven Curtis Chapman sings to God of how “ you redeem and you transform, you renew and you restore” – not only creation but individuals’ own hearts and lives.  This is the type of newness that I desire my YOU friends to taste and know.  I am thankful that my new knees will give me the strength to go on telling them of the new lives available through Christ Jesus 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.