Thursday, December 5, 2013

Volume #5 Issue #1 August 2008 - Preparing a Place


I am in the process of setting up home.  I recently signed the lease on a first floor apartment right on campus.  The place itself was a gift from God since it is owned by one of the YOU men I met in the hospital in London.  It is the perfect location and I am getting excited about opening my door and hosting friends in my own place.  But there is a lot of preparation that goes into it; setting up the gas, electricity, phone, internet, cleaning, buying furniture and so forth.

 
 
 As I am in the midst of all this I am reminded of what Jesus said to his followers in John 14  “ in my Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am , there you may be also.”  I am not the only one who is getting a home ready to receive the YOU people.  Please pray with me, as I fix up this new home, that it will be a place where His name is often proclaimed and that I will be able to use this home to point others to their eternal home that is right now being prepared for the YOUs he is call to himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.