Thursday, December 5, 2013

Renewing Friendships


One of the hard things about coming back after being home for any length of time is simply finding your friends.  My retired YOU friends are a lot more stable and in most cases I just stopped by their homes but my remaining college friends are a little harder to track down.  They seem to change their cell phone numbers often and, over the summer, they move out their dorm rooms.  To top it off, my own cell phone had died and I no longer had anyone’s number saved.  Before returning, I had been praying that God would help e reconnect with the college girls that He wanted me to pour time into this semester.  It was amazing to see how he answered that request; within two days, I had met up with three of the girls, all of whom I had got to share the good news with in the past.

Some of these meetings happened in the strangest places.  In one case, I was attending a farewell dinner for my team leader who was heading back to the US.  We decided to eat at one of her favorite restaurants on the other end of town (a good 40 min bus ride away).  Right outside the restaurant, I ran into a friend who lives in the building next to mine.  She was heading to the same restaurant for dinner.  This YOU girl was excited to reconnect.  She is looking for a new job and wanted me to pray for her.  She even reminded me how, when I had prayed for her in the past, we had seen God answer in amazing ways.  Please remember Riza in your prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.