I not only get to be a student but I am
also a teacher. Many people across this
country are trying to learn English. As
one of the only seven foreign looking faces on campus I quickly catch the
attention of all the English students.
They are always wanting to practice with me. In some cases we have set up a language
exchange where they help teach me their language as I help them improve their
English. I also have the privilege of
helping to run an intentional ESL group.
Once a week, four to five women come over to our house to hear a
story. The culture here very much loves
to hear stories. One of the women has
actually said that if we want to help her understand anything we should tell it
in the form of a story and she will have a better understanding. We are currently working through stories of women
in the bible; seeing how their lives related to ours and what we can learn from
their interaction with God. The women
seem excited about the study and have come with some very insightful questions.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.