Thursday, December 5, 2013

New Knees

This next stint in Central Asia will not be nearly as long, instead of having to wait another three years to see you all again, I will have to wait less than a year, thanks to my doctors. When I was my Rheumatologist (she was my doctor that has always said “wait as long as you can to replace your knees”), she was singing a different tune.  She saw the damage done from February and recommended I get them replaced in the next year (kind of whenever the surgeon could do it).  Part of the reason she is advising differently than ever before is because she wants me to have a fully functioning body for a while.  My hips are almost ten years old already… if I keep putting off knee surgery she thinks that by the time I actually get them replaced my hips might be starting to go downhill.  Replacing them in the next year might give me 10 years of good hips and knees (which I would like).  Since I have always valued her opinion I have talked to my surgeon and tentatively set a double total knee replacement surgery for March 2008.  So I guess I will see you then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.