Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Jesus Christ: My Bread of Life

At first this seemed like a lot of rules to learn – just to enjoy my breakfast.  But the truth is the mere title of the bread makes me reflect on the Christian bread of life – our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  In John 6 he says “I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.  I am the Bread of Life.  Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert [and the YOU people eat nan in the desert], yet they died.  But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may not eat and not die.  I am the living bread that came down from heaven.  If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.  This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”  Wow, now that is the type of bread I want to offer my guests when they come over.  Bread that had already been broken for their sakes.  Bread that is waiting to fill them.  Bread that has come down from heaven and returned to prepare a way for the YOU people.  Bread that gives life.  Please pray with me that this bread will be received and eaten by these people; they will be filled and never hunger after worldly things again; that they may know that nan is good for the stomach (and trust me it is especially good with some peanut butter) but Christ is necessary for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.