Thursday, December 5, 2013

Volume #4 Issue # 2 Oct 2007 - Being Built Up

Across from my down they have been building a new building.  Much of the work here is done by hand.  As I was sitting outside the other day, I watched a group of men construct a wall, stone by stone.  It was slow going; but steadily the height of the wall grew.  Peter uses this imagery of stone on stone talk about the building of God’s church.  He says, “you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house” (1 Peter 2:4).  Missionaries have been sharing the good news in this place for years.  It has been slow, and sometimes impossible, to detect the growth.  But god is growing his church in this place.  The other day when I was visiting an older YOU woman I mentioned that I was a follower of Jesus.  She told me that more and more YOUs where starting to follow Him too.  In fact she was sure they even had a place to worship for YOU believer (which is sadly not true).  The truth is He is slowly building His spiritual house here; stone by stone people are learning the truth.  Pray the result will be a strong church here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.