Thursday, December 5, 2013

Volume #3 Issue #3 November 2006 - A Child Shall Lead Them


Over the holidays this past month, my friend and I traveled back down to the YOU villages in the south.  One day we went to the village market day with some of our friends.  I can’t even begin to describe the assault it was to all our senses.  From the animals grunts as they are sold, traded and dragged away, to the food cooking, the variety of items for sale on the ground… and of course the crowds.  The YOU family that I went with had a four year old daughter who had attached herself to me.  I was so stressed trying to lead the way and protect the child from getting run over by a donkey cart.  I tried to pass her hand back to her mother, but the child insisted on staying with me.  After a while I learned my mistake.  I was trying to lead the way.  She has been coming to this market every week since she was born; the sights and sounds and movements are all familiar to her.  Once I let her lead through the crowd we actually started enjoying our afternoon.  Pray for this next generation of YOUs: that they will come into the kingdom and lead the way, that a child will lead them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.