One day, in class, my teacher announced
that there was going to be a speech contest that night for all the national
students studying Uygur and she thought it would be great if I
participated. I only had four hours to
prepare a speech but she told me I could just pick a text from anywhere. I chose the story of the prodigal son and
read it over and over that afternoon. In
the evening, I shared the story on stage in front of 80 fellow students and
three judges/teacher. That evening I placed
first and was invited to join in the second level of competition two nights
later. This time the whole department of
the University was there with TV cameras and local sponsors. It was wonderful to get to tell such a
captive audience such a powerful story of God’s love. My teacher later asked where I had found the
text and why I chose to share that story.
I lent her a copy of the YOU Bible.
She seems very open to hearing about Jesus. Please pray of Aykiz.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.