Thursday, December 5, 2013

Interacting with the Truth

As I mentioned in my last letter, most of my friends are older ladies; one woman in particular, Patigul, has earned a special place in my heart.  I first met her outside her apartment.  I smiled shyly and greeted her as we passed.  She got so excited to see me that she hugged me right there.  She said she has seen me often last year, and that I always looked so friendly and open that she had wanted to meet me, but then I disappeared and she hadn’t seen me in month.  That afternoon, I went over to her house and our friendship started. 

The more time I spent with Patigul, the more we were able to talk.  She shared great insights on YOU history and culture simply by sharing her personal stories.  The first time I shared with her from the Word she told me that she already knew that story.  She told me that she had read the Injil (the YOU NT)before.  I was very surprised since the book was only finished two years ago and you cannot buy it in stores.  I thought she must be mistaken.  But sure enough she took me into the back room of her house, shut the blind, unlocked the drawer of her desk and pulled out a copy of the Word.

In the weeks to come, Patigul agreed to help test of the Old Testament passages that are in the process of being translated.  She still does not believe that the Bible is true, but she is sad that so little of this important book has been translated into her language.  She wants the YOU people to be able to read the Bible.  The translators have been working on the book of Ester of late, so that is where we started.  It is so refreshing to sit next so someone who was reading the story for the very first time.  Pray that the word will impact her heart with its truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.