Monday, January 2, 2017

Red Rose


I had just left the photocopy shop and was running back to where my boss had parked the car.  He was off running a related task as we desperately tried to pull together all the paperwork we needed to submit.  In my rushed state Father grabbed my attention and forced me to slow down and participate in the world around me.  Walking just few feet from me was one of our neighbour’s kids.  I smiled at her invitingly and she opened up right away, telling me the story of how she had just come from craft class, and showing me the flower she had made. She shared about her family how her mom had a new baby just a few days ago and how her dad had left them, I could sense she felt neglected in the midst of all that was happening in her world..   She ended up holding my hand and swinging it all the way back to the parking lot, she even gave me the paper red rose to keep.  It now sits in my room as a reminder to be open to the small moments of faithfulness, like ‘letting the little children come unto me.’ I now see this same little girls almost every day.  It really wasn’t that big a deal for me to slow down long enough to listen to a child yap away,  but Father has used the interactions in both of our lives for his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.