Monday, January 2, 2017

Baby Stroller

I was out walking with another expat friend, pushing her son in the stroller.  I think it was the walking a child myself that suddenly made me more aware of all the other moms out with their children.  Strollers really are a rear thing, other than really rich households,  most local parents just carry their kids everywhere.  The roads really aren’t made to accommodate strollers, with all the potholes and narrow sidewalks.   I did see one village women pushing her child and we smiled at each other over shared burden of trying to navigate smoothly a particularly bumpy section.  We ended up stopping and talking.  Her son was almost 3 years old and they were just coming back from the hospital.  He has been in and out of the hospital since he was a baby, and developmentally he his way behind other three year olds.  Her and her husband had come up from their small town in hopes of finding better treatment for him in the city.  I asked if I could pray for her and her son.  I will likely never see this women again as we didn’t exchange contact information and they were planning on heading home the next day, but I knew God had arranged that small moment so I could prayer for and encourage this women. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.