The U people have several God related sayings in their daily
vocabulary that get tossed around all the time.
“God knows”, “I entrust you to God”, and “if God wills”. The last one I often feel is used as an
excuse, instead of outright telling me they can’t meet me for lunch on Friday,
my friends will avoid the question with a simple declaration of “lord willing”,
which necessitates checking in with them again the morning of to see if they
are any clearer on His plans. As much as
it sounds like a biblical response in line with James’ admonition in chapter
4:13-15, it drives me crazy the way this common expression is used as a means
of getting out of something. I was
therefore surprised when I was home that an event scheduled on the calendar
months before was an assumed thing, there was no double checking or last minute
phone calls to see if the Will of God had been revealed. While it is a bit of an abstraction from the
point of making definite plans, I found myself drawn to meditate on this things
that we know are always the will of the Lord, ways He has commanded us to
always be spending our time like caring for widows and orphans, or giving a cup
of cold water in His name. Many of these commands can be fulfilled in the small
daily moments that we choose to have our eyes open, and watching for. This letter is a collection of “little
moment” stories that He has helped me see ways to follow His will no matter
what my schedule looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.