Monday, January 2, 2017

Email - Need Your Help

Dear friends,

If you are receiving this email it is because I greatly value the role you
play in my life and I would like to ask you to join me over the next month
to seek our Fathers leading.

Let me start by giving a little background. For the last 2 months my
arthritis has been acting up, resulting in almost constant pain and
enormous amounts of fatigue. Doctors refer to this as a flair up, which
can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months. The aching
joints, exhaustion and lack of sleep make it hard to function and get
though the demands of my daily life.

My job at the baby food factory is very rewarding, but also very stressful
and physically taxing. It is a full 40 hour a week job. In my current
state of increased pain I have very little energy for anything else, like
reaching out and engaging my neighbours. I miss this type of interaction,
but at the end of a day I am so tired I need to rest. I have even had to
leave work several times to go have a nap. When I do have to step away
from work to get some needed rest, I can't help but feel guilt that I am
letting the company down or adding to others work load.

I was able to sit down with my team leaders recently, who are also my boss
at the factory. Both the husband and the wife were very reaffirming. They
acknowledged they knew this had been a hard season for me, but stressed
they did not feel I was a burden at work or to the team. It was a very
encouraging conversation were they offered to try to adjust work hours as
needed or even put a bed in my office.

I know I personally have a propensity for stubbornness, and in difficult
times like this to grit my teeth and bear it. I still strongly feel that
He wants me in this province serving Him among these people, but I want to
be wise in how I do that long term. And so I want to ask you to join me in
concentrated prayer this next month.

My first request is simply for renewed health and strength.

My second is for Father's leading and direction for the future. The
question goes beyond my current flare up state but requires thinking long
term about my own physical health. I ask you to join me in seeking His
leading for my future and for the work. What sort of a work load can I
reasonably handle and still allow my body to get the rest it needs? Can
that be achieved in my current situation? Is it worth considering a
potentially less demanding job/ visa situations in hopes of longer
service? The truth is when I first moved overseas I hoped that my body
would be up for enduring the rigorous demands for ten years. The Lord has
graciously given His strength in my weakness to make it longer than
expected, but I do want to be wise moving forward.

As you spend time lifting these matters up on my behalf, if you feel His
is directing your thoughts or you have wise counsel to offer, please send
me an email. You are receiving this because I value you and your opinion.

Thank you,
KSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.