Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rachel – Update on another Roommate

In the spring of 2012 a young local women Rachel stayed with us for several weeks.  Her husband was a believer, but she was still so full of questions about the gospel and what was ‘expected’ of her.  She still wore her head scarf tightly around her neck and face, veiling all the uncertainty inside.  Every day we had deep conversation, searching the word together, yet there was no peace in her heart.  Her husband didn’t know how to address all her inner turmoil and so choice to keep his thoughts to himself. 

We only had one afternoon to meet up last month, but almost from the minute that I met her I could visual see that peace the she had found.  She shared with me about several mentors that Father has brought into her life.  More importantly she told me how J can come into her heart.  Her husband leads them in family time in the word and even texted her a verse while we were out related to an earlier conversation they had. 

 This past weekend for totally separate reasons, I was able to meet with one of her mentors, it was only half way through our meeting that we made the connection, but I rejoiced in the knowledge she has good people in her life helping her grow in Him.


The Word tell us some water, some plate but He get the harvest, and I have been honoured to not only play one of these roles in her life, but to get a quick glimpse of the fruit too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.