My time serving at the Pioneers home office came to a close in mid-May and I moved back in with mom and dad. Currently, one of my main focuses is raising support. I never consider it a fun task to have to ask for money but, at the training we held the last week I was at the office, new members were encouraged to think of it as partnership development. With that paradigm shift in mind, I came home and started to assemble packages to send to churches. They included an outline of the U people, their current needs, my past ministry involvement and even letters of reference from team leaders. I felt somewhat proud of the clear presentation I was putting out there for churches. Some people said it was the wrong time of year in the church calendar to pursue this sort of thing since everyone is mid fiscal year and focusing on summer programs. I was convinced time of year didn’t matter, that the Lord could provide, which He has, but not in the way I figured. Instead of churches responding to my packages, it has been individuals, some of whom I only met once, but the Lord has laid it on their heart to partner with me in caring for the U people. “Thank the Lord for the dependence your grief causes you to have on Him. It destroys any thought of selfreliance. And no one else can comfort you as He can. Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord always before me because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.”
Assembling church packages (aka taking over mom’s table)
Sharing at churches


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.