Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Thorn of Perpetual Paperwork

Moving to a new country means figuring out a new government’s paperwork system. The whole visa application process has always felt like a chore to me but now I am starting from scratch. I have to learn what types of visas are available and what sort of documentation is needed to apply. One option I was looking at came with a 14-page instruction manual on all the steps from getting your medical, verifying your housing and landlord, and more. Other options have me asking, “How long can I stay in country?” Some visas would make me leave every 60 days. Mohler’s challenge on being thankful for what is my thorn of perpetual paperwork had me thinking of my eternal home. There, the unattainable entrance price has already been paid in full on my behalf. I am welcomed into the Kingdom without having to run around and have documents notarized, stamped or authenticated or even prove I am worthy. “Thank the Lord because you can anticipate the joy of being free from your suffering when you join Him in heaven forever. Your pain will become a distant memory in the presence of our Lord. Psalm 16:11 – you make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.