Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Thorn of Falling

 My mom and I just went for a simple walk through the park to check on how far along they were in putting up the new equipment; but, somewhere between the loose gravel, my poor shoe choice and trying to stand on one leg while scratching a mosquito bite with the other, I ended up flat on the ground. My whole body screamed with pain as old sensitive joints complained about being jostled too hard. The next morning, after taking an ambulance to the emergency room, they confirmed that my joint replacements had not been damaged in the fall (Praise the Lord! That had been my biggest concern) but that I had cracked my tailbone, bruised my hip and pulled/strained several muscles. This ill-fated park trip has resulted in me having to ambulate on crutches for the last several weeks. During that time, the body of Christ has faithfully upheld me in prayer. I can join Mohler in saying, “Thank the Lord because, if you have shared your feelings, His children have likely shown His love to you in the process of your grief. You would not have felt that intense brotherly affection without the grief. Romans 12:10- Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.