Monday, October 15, 2018

The Risk Might have Changed, But the Call Hasn’t


The tightening up of religious laws, together with the effects of my fellow workers being taken in for questioning earlier this year does increase the need to be cautious as I look to return.  To this end I have taken some security classes both online and in person to help better prepare me for any situation.  The real preparation however comes from you joining me on your knees before Him.  I still firmly feel that this is the direction Father is leading me, but as always I can’t do it alone.  I ask you to join me in faithfully lifting up my own ability to enter the country, continue to build relationship with Muslim neighbours, and tell the good news.   We can all work together in being diligent to help make this a safer transition by watching what we say, not mentioning names or places of where I am both in speech and print,  dropping the traditional job title assigned to me and instead just simply referring to “being overseas”.   This is not said to increase fear, but to help us all be wise and prayerful.
 Just as it was the Lord who first called me, He is the one who continues to go before providing safety and opportunity to do His work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.