Monday, October 15, 2018

He Always Gives You Skin Volume# 15 Issue # 1 Date: Oct 2018

I know my living overseas single has been faith building for my mother.  She has expressed more than once over the years that she wished I had ‘skin’ with me (preferably a husband or someone who was present to help watch out for me).  While my marital status hasn’t changed I have seen Him answer this request time and time again.    Sometimes it has come in the form of total strangers, like the street sweeper putting down her broom, when she saw me shuffling cautiously, coming to give me an arm over the ice and snow.  Other times it has been brothers and sisters in Him opening their homes.  For instance during my recent survey trip I travelled to six cities, many of which I had never been to before, at each location I was welcomed into the home of other overseas workers.  Even when this trip was cut short by uncertain situations, I was notified by several people who were all looking out for me and trying to make sure I was safe.  My mom witnessed this great outpouring of support by the body and commented “It doesn’t look like what I thought… but He always provides you with skin”.  This praise filled comment forced me to recall a sermon I had recently heard preached from Gen 2 about the creation of Eve.  When I heard the text I was sure it was going to be a talk on marriage, but the preacher instead reminded us that God provided exactly what Adam NEEDed before he knew or had even asked for it.  This same God knows my NEEDs living overseas and has so graciously met them time and time again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.