Monday, June 4, 2018

Never too big of a request


Coming back after almost a year out of context, I found my tongue was slow to spit out language as fluently as it used to. What I needed was a tutor. I realized I could always chat with neighbours but what I really needed was someone who understood grammar and could help me kick old, bad speech habits. Maybe a retired middle school language arts teacher would be best. Imagine if I could find one who was also a Christian. That almost seemed like too much to ask for in one person. 

Later that same afternoon, I bumped into a good friend on the street. She said that she and her husband would be heading back to Canada soon but that she wanted to introduce me to a friend sometime soon, as poor woman whose son was recently in an accident leaving her at home, all day, caring for him since he is bedridden. This woman had to give up her job as a teacher at the local middle school teaching language arts. The wonderful thing is that, since the tragedy with her son, both she and her husband have made a decision to follow Christ. She is home all day and often lonely for company.  Would I consider going to visit her? 
Amazingly, even before this seemingly big request was fully formed in my mind, He had already answered and had provided for the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.