Tuesday, August 6, 2024

First Love - KSA Quarterly Volume# 20 Issue # 4 Date: August 2024

Recently we have had a group of young ladies in from America come on a survey trip.  They remind me of me back when I first started. Fresh out of college, young, bright eyed, excited by everything, full of questions.  When asked what they want to do, or how they envision themselves being involved, they simply shrugged and said, “we love J and want Muslims to hear about Him, whatever that takes.”  They were so full of Joy and excitement about what lays ahead.  September will officially mark 20 years since I first moved overseas to work with U people.  As I saw these younger versions of me sitting curiously across the table, and heard their pure love for Christ, I hope I haven’t lost that with time.  It brought the words of Christ to the church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:3-4 “I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name’s sake, and you have not grown weary.  But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first” What a warning as I am celebrating this milestone – don’t abandon my first love.  Through all the moves, the languages, the new neighbours, the projects, I may be enduring with patience’s, but am I clinging closely to Christ as my first love.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.