Thursday, April 6, 2017

Update on My Health


Thank You all for Praying for my health over the last few months.  It is amazing to see how God has answered those requests.  Upon arriving in Thailand one friend forwarded me a document put together by several Western doctors suggesting the best doctor in each field, along with what hospital they were at, their hours and contact information for setting up an appointment.  I was also able to email back and forth with a GP from the states who works as a medical consultant.  He suggested I not only go see the rheumatologist for my arthritis, and the orthopedic surgeon about joint replacements, he also suggested I see an endocrinologist for a full medical exam and other blood work just to make sure nothing else was amiss.  This place is known for its first-rate doctors, actually advertising medical tourism, but it was still helpful to have someone help me navigate to the best treatment.  Other than being low on Vitamin D all my other blood work and the full medical test came back looking great.  It was a huge answer to prayer to know that it really was just my Arthritis that was acting up. 


I was able to get cortisone injections in several joints and also started taking an oral steroid.  Both of these finally brought some relief to my aching body and allowed me to get some much needed rest.  I realized a fog of chronic pain had been sitting on my brain for the last several months, and thanks for the medication I could finally think clearly again, and even laughed for the first time in a long time.  Sadly prednisone is not a good long term solution, and so after just two weeks at the full dosage I started to slowly wean myself off the medication ( I should be completely done by the end of the week). Praise the Lord, well it has been a long process to come off the steroids, I am still feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.