Sunday, May 4, 2014

Volume # 10 Issue #4 May 2014 - Preparing a Place

Upon arrive in my new location I was able to stay night at the apartment I had rented last summer.  The whole place was a bit of a mess, with unpacked boxes and such.  It took me several days to not just unpack, but to prepare my house for guests.  First I needed carpet so that they wouldn’t have to walk on the cold floor, or at least have slippers in place if there was no rug.  Second I needed to consider where they place of honour was in the room and arrange the fancy mats in such a way as to make that the spot where would guests sit.  Even after all these years this part of setting up home still doesn’t come naturally for me… it takes thought and work, but I want to do it.  I want my home to be set up in such a way that guests feel welcome and at home.  In the midst of all this preparation it struck me, I am not the only person preparing a home for my neighbours right now.  J said “and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also”.  I have spent a few weeks preparing my home to welcome my U neighbours, but J is also currently preparing a kingdom that will someday receive them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.