Sunday, May 4, 2014

Volume #10 Issue #3 February 2014 - Without Christ

During the months I spent at home, I found myself in a couple of awkward situations.  Trying to define and describe my job in Central Asia and why I am going from a translation company to a baby food factory, without mentioning my overall goal of missions.  I found it a difficult task.  After one such encounter I remember getting in the car and breathing a sigh of relief.  I turned to my father and said “My life really doesn’t make sense except for Christ, and His call”.  My dad thought that was a priceless line, and reminded me how that should be the case for all believers.  Our lives and the decisions we make, should be so radically different from the world around us that it doesn’t make sense expect in light of Christ. As Christians how we send our time and our money should be based on the fact we are seeking to follow Him in all things.  In 1 Corinthians Paul reminds the church that the wisdom of God seems like foolishness to this dying world “ For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God” (1:18).  May that be true for you and your family in this coming year.  May you live life in a way that pleases Him, and is centered on His will, not on what the world around you values.  I hope that in 2014, you will also be able to say that “without Christ, your life just doesn’t make sense”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.